Best Gaming Mouse For Left Handers
Best Gaming Mouse For Left Handers – Buying Guide
Firstly, let’s describe what really is a gaming mouse. A gaming mouse is much like the standard mouse but much better with its additional functions making it suitable for computer gaming and high-intensity programming. In this article, we will specifically look at the best gaming mouse for left handers. The gaming mouse, as the name suggests, is made to improve gameplay via the use of superior gaming hardware therefore in comparison to the standard this puts the gaming mouse at a technological advantage when it comes to gaming purposes. The additional features provided for the gaming mouse allow it to function better when used with more taxing programs thus this mouse allows the user more quick and comfortable movements when gaming. A gaming mouse pretty much functions like the regular mouse but what makes it far much better is because of its important aspects of its hardware having the laser technology, programmable keys, weight control, ergonomic design easy grip on the mouse itself, and of course changeable LED lights just to mention but a few. With the high quality of the laser technology, the gamer can have much precision, accuracy and as well as better control when playing a computer game.
Top 10 Best Gaming Mouse For Left Handers
Now, that we are familiarised with what really a gaming mouse actually is with knowledge what functions, let’s get to what really is the type of mouse to settle for if left handed. There are several devices specifically designed for the left-handed users and here are the top 10 best gaming mouse for left handers.
A Razer model amongst the earliest ergonomic left-hander mice to feature on market with simplistic gaming design. Among the most popular brands offering comparatively high-end quality performance. It’s not a vertical mouse. Designed for left-handers. The DeathAdder, unlike, the Naga MMO sibling, only offers two customizable thumb buttons on the right side of the mouse. Has accuracy, comfortability hold and high responsiveness. Not too advanced as other models but worth the price. The mouse has 5 independently programmable, the top of the mouse is plastic, needs mouse pad as bottoms can be scratched. Has the default button arrangement is inverted and, meaning left click is right click and right click is left click.
The specifications of Razer DeathAdder Essential Gaming Mouse include:
- Mouse Dimensions: 127mm x70mm x 44 mm
- Mouse Colour: Black
- Mouse DPI: 3,500
- Connectivity: Corded
- Sensor: 3.5 G infrared sensor
- Mouse Buttons: 5, weight of 13.6 ounces
- Has fine solid and durable Build Quality.
- Offers preferred quick and responsive cursor movements.
- Has Excellent Optical Sensor.
- Its large design provides great wrist and forearm support.
- Has decent depth Customization offered by Razer’s Synapse Software.
- Can glide smoothly across the surface on which it’s placed on.
- On the expensive side.
- Has low DPI.
- Might be too bulky for some.
- Has limited buttons.
Is yet another Razer model, slightly more expensive than the other variants of Razer with advanced features on the mouse. The Razer Naga, for the left-handers, is the perfect MMO gaming mouse with 19 MMO optimised programmable buttons, and out of those, 12, are laid out in a grid manner allowing your thumb to make proper and good use of it. The Razer Naga buttons can be configured by choice. An array of programmable buttons best suit for MMO but also works with other game types. It is the premier left-hander mouse on market today. Has scrolling wheel for scrolling up and down the computer screen. It’s a corded mouse equipped with a tiny processor allowing for some of the swiftest response times suitable for gaming and other purposes. Despite being slight pricey this is one of the best gaming mouse for left handers.
Specifications of the Razer Naga Left Handed MMO Ergonomic Mouse include:
- Mouse Dimensions: 119mm x 75 mm x 43 mm
- Mouse Colour: Black
- Mouse DPI: 8200, weight of 4.8 ounces
- Connectivity: Corded/Braided Cable
- Mouse Buttons: 19 buttons in total
- Sensor: a 4G laser sensor
- Special Features: 32-bit ARM processor, Multi-direction scrolling.
- It offers lots of different programmable buttons
- Has a total of 19 buttons in count
- Has extremely smooth and responsive cursor
- Very comfortable, wider design compared to its previous version
- Its Construction quality is as strong as they come
- Has tilting scrolling wheel.
- If the thumb is rested on the numeric pad, the user might be quite uncomfortable
- It’s on the expensive side
- Despite having a new concave button, it is harder to find which button you are pressing
- It has no Chroma
When compared to the other devices is found to have the simplest design, an ambidextrous mouse used for both left-handers as well as right-handers. It is a simple, stripped down mouse. The Roccat Lua is of ambidextrous design for left-hander but rather felt to be for whichever hand. Durable black plastic on either side giving it a more tactile response and eliminates moisture retentions has terrific response and feedback in each of the buttons; overall quickness of using such a compact mouse.
Specifications of Roccat Lua Tri-Button Gaming Mouse include:
- Mouse Dimensions: 67 mm x 46 mm x35 mm
- Ambidextrous: V-shaped for Left and right handers
- Mouse color: Black
- Mouse buttons: Two
- Mouse DPI: 2000 optical sensor
- 60 ips speed
- Connectivity: Corded
- Ultra-precise 2D wheel with lock-in incremental steps
- 20 Gs of acceleration
- Special Features: No-sweat side grips, Ultra-precise 2d scroll, Omron switches
- 1.8 m USB cable
- Ambidextrous design.
- Has comfortable textured side-grips
- Customization with Roccat software
- High-quality optical centre.
- Lower palm-rest height is not appealing to some users
- Criticised for having plastic USB instead of braided
Appearing plain, Kana Optical Mouse features most extensive customization as compared to other models. Includes 5 buttons with ambidextrous design best suited for both right and left-handed users. Also allows multiple profile creation to offer quick swapping between several button configurations. It’s a black and orange mouse featuring 5 buttons. The mouse is ergonomic, with an ambidextrous design best suited for both the right and left-handed users.
It has a 6.5’ double braided nylon with a USB 2.0 connector for improved durability. The mouse has ambidextrously-placed XL size side buttons allowing for easy rapid fire. Has a scroll wheel whose LED’s intensity can be assigned to indicate which CPI (Counts Per Inch) profile is enabled. The CPI toggle button allows for quickly switching between two sensitive settings. The Kana optical mouse has some great features that’s why we had to include in it on the best gaming mouse for left-handers list.
Specifications of Steelseries Kana Optical Gaming Mouse:
- Mouse Colour: Black/orange
- Mouse DPI: 3,200
- Connectivity: Corded
- Sensor: Optical sensor
- Mouse buttons: 5
- It has a durable braided cable
- Comfortable mouse grip with Rubberized Coating
- Has large size button
- Compatible with both PC and Mac system
- The durable 6.5’ anti-tangle double-braided nylon cord features a USB 2.0 connector
- Uses advanced optical technology operating at 3,600 fps and supports stable movement speeds at 130 inches per second
- It has only orange light
- Its DPI setting cannot be changed beyond its pre-set option.
An ambidextrous gaming mouse having high DPI lacking additional buttons dedicated to the left or right-hander Razer models. However, in terms of responsiveness, it is much like the other Razer Models. Customizing of controls is possible because the mouse features extra buttons on its sides except not as much in-depth offered by other mice. Allows pairing high-quality mouse with shared computers. Used by both left and right-handers. Comfortable even during extended gaming. It has a 4G sensor and has precise tracking. Strategically placed buttons on either side support both left and right-handers. Has a simple design, Green LED lighting featured behind scroll wheel, also under Razer logo.
Specifications of Razer Taipan Ambidextrous PC Gaming Mouse:
- Mouse Dimensions: 124 mm x 63 mm x 36 mm
- Mouse Colour: Black/white
- Mouse DPI: 8200
- Connectivity: Corded
- Sensor: 4G Laser sensor
- Mouse Buttons: 6
- Special features: 4G sensor, ergonomic design
- Highly comfortable mouse grip
- Has syncing and Customization with Razer Synapse 2.0 which is quite easier
- Has highly smooth movements
- Light weigh, good balance
- Thumb buttons aren’t much comfortable
- Its mouse base is a bit too narrow and low
A competitor to Razer Taipan, however, has key features which give it an extra edge. Also ambidextrous with the same number of buttons as the Razer Taipan though it allows you to adjust its sensitivity as well as responsiveness best to suit what you want in order to have more precise control over it. Proven to be an excellent gaming with choice of optimization of mouse movements. The Zowie BENQ FK1 allows you to adjust its sensitivity and responsiveness to suit your preference and give more control over it.
Specifications of Zowie FK1 Ambidextrous E-Sports Optical Gaming Mouse:
- Mouse Dimensions: 128 mm x 67mm x 37 mm
- Mouse Colour: Black
- Mouse DPI: 3200
- Connectivity: Corded
- Sensor: optical sensor
- Mouse buttons: 5
- Special features: 2 different sized optical sensor and low lift-off distance
- It is granular finished and not rubberized unlike others
- It’s plug and play
- It’s Optical sensor Avago is 3310
- Its side buttons are rather small
- Average scroll wheel
It is another ambidextrous gaming mouse appearing with a pretty much simplistic design. The Sensei 310 in its appearance features a complete customization of buttons as well as possessing a LED light on its Scroll wheel. Its uniqueness, unlike other mice, is its silent operation, definite feature, possessing a nylon protective sheath. Comfortable though not nearly as advanced as other models. Appears to be the world’s first true 1 to 1 Esports sensor, has exclusive split-trigger mouse button design. Has 8 programmable buttons but you will probably find it comfortable to use only six serving the others for other vital functions with a change of some settings. The Sensei 310 runs on the Steelseries Engine 3 software which is one of the great programs out there controlling gaming peripherals.
Specifications of Steelseries 310 Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse:
- Sensor name: Steelseries TrueMove3, sensor is optical
- Mouse Dimensions: 125 mm x 61 mm 39 mm
- CPI: 100-1200 in 100 CPI Increments
- Mouse Colour is black
- IPS 350+, on Steelseries QcK surfaces
- Connectivity: Corded
- Acceleration is 50 G, polling rate is 1ms
- Mouse DPI 2000
- Mouse buttons, 8
- Special Features: silicone side grip, Omron mechanical switches, 32-bit ARM processor
- Excellent Design
- Is fully ambidextrous
- Reasonable prices
- Customizable, superb performance
- Has onboard memory and 1 to 1 tracking technology
- Great performance
- Only two DPI settings
- Some lighting oddities
- Not as comfortable as most right-hander mice known
The successor to the previous version of G900, it offers the same great design with more advanced features like LIGHTSPEED and POWERPLAY wireless technology which allows for wireless charging with supported accessories. Also has 1ms response rates for gaming. The form-factor for both right and left-handers because it offers ambidextrous design. Its uniqueness is due to it being able to run with a traditionally wired setup, or one could unplug the cable to experience the same pro-grade performance up to 32 hours. The new Logitech’s new Powerplay system is pretty much revolutionary: a mouse pad that charges your wireless mouse as you use it.
Specifications of Logitech G903
- Sensor: PMW3366
- Resolution 200-1200dpi
- Weight of 10g
- It’s excellent wireless performance plus PWM3366 sensor
- Light weight, makes it glide smoothly.
- Suits both left and right handers
- Not much improvement from previous version of G900 if using Powerplay
- Is expensive
- Not very ergonomic though ambidextrous
A compatible mouse with essentially any modern computer. Makes use of 2.0 hardware with extremely quick reaction. Back key on the side of the mouse can be set to the shortcut in the game mode, the vertical design reduces torsion of the forearm and wrist normally caused by a regular mouse. Its package includes 1x WishLotus Wireless High-end Minicute Ergonomic Vertical mouse 1x Wireless USB receiver inside the mouse. The WishLotus utilises laser technology making use of two AA batteries providing months of continuous use. Is a little bulky, but most definitely easy to handle. Replaceable in the 18-month warranty.
Specifications of WishLotus:
- Brand: WishLotus
- Wireless Ergonomic Mouse High-end Minicute 2.4G
- Vertical mouse with 800/2400 DPI
- Compatible with Windows 2000, XP, 7,8, 10 and Vista as well as MAC OS X
- Weighs 3.6 ounces
- 18-month durability warranty
- 2.0 USB hardware
- Wireless connection enabling to be used almost anywhere
- Swiftly responsive
- Solid and is ergonomic in construction and design
- Too bulky for some
- Has durability concerns
The Summit is compatible almost with any computer. Connects to the computer via USB with 2.0/3.0 cord the plugin allowing for very responsive and swift reaction time enabling you to have good gaming control over your cursor. It’s a left-handed ergonomic computer mouse of Upright Ergonomic design to reduce forearm and wrist stress. It’s bulky but, fairly, easy to control for the most part also comes with a scrolling wheel. Offers smooth and slippery glide great for both web browsing and gaming purposes, is also at an affordable price.
Specifications of Summit Left Handed Wired Upright:
- Compatible with Windows 2000, 7, 8, 10 and Vista, also with MAC OS X, works with almost any computer
- USB cord of 2.0/3.0
- Dimensions of 120mm x 70mmx 65mm
- A weight of 5.1 ounces
- Package includes: 1x SUMMIT Ergonomic Vertical Mouse.
- Comfortable feel
- Is very quick and responsive
- Too bulky for some users
- Also comes with durability concerns
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Gaming Mouse for Left Handers
First things first what’s to consider when buying?
There are some things one needs to consider when buying a mouse if it’s for merely left-handers or probably could save as for both left and right hander users. Also, whether you use lots of buttons when playing meaning you need a bigger mouse with lots of extra buttons of perhaps the gaming you would opt for requires a much simpler usable gaming mouse. All that is vital but there are more important things to look at when it comes to purchasing mice particularly designed for the Left Hander folk. The guides below can help you figure out which mouse is worth spending on best suiting your gaming preferences.
• Brand– When coming to buy the mouse best suiting you, choosing the most reputable or highly esteemed type of mouse you need to consider one of fine design, highest quality of build, its performance and of course its compatibility to your personal computer. Also, importantly, you have to ensure that the device of your preference comes with the benefit of a warranty as this may help cover you if say that a problem arises whilst still in the warranty period.
• Price– Every gaming mouse comes at its price but the good part is that most of the listed gaming mice are affordable to you. Quite obvious one is to be considerate of the price of the device realising the money they have. Usually, if at all not almost always, something operating best amongst the many other comparable devices is worth the money you will come to spend on it.
• Button Count– Basically each gaming experience comes with varieties of buttons used as different games function with use of different buttons; either with few or less and thus for intensive games such as MMOs will be appropriate for mouse models comprising of more buttons whereas FPS models don’t require as many buttons as the other.
• Ambidextrous– This is vital because it helps in knowing whether the designed mouse is ergonomically shaped and works specifically for left-handers only or perhaps the gaming mouse could be designed suiting both left and right hander users.
• Maximum DPI– DPI referring standing for Dots per inch determines the actual hardware limitations of the mouse’s optical sensitivity though most will most likely recommend a gaming mouse with a standard DPI of 400, 800 or even 1600 for gaming.
• Max Polling Speed– this is the polling rate which refers to how frequent the reports back to your computer are done by the mouse. A higher rate is technically better as the ranges can be from 500Hz (500 updates per second) to 1000Hz polling rate (1000 updates per second). The higher polling rate of 1000Hz will, however, utilize more CPU resources to operate or function.
• Wired– Different mouses gaming are differently designed, whether wired or wireless, in this case, wired. The mouse, therefore, has a wire for sending power and signal to your personal computer. Though, as observed on some models, it can be optional and thus the mouse be used either in wired or wireless mode much to the user’s preference.
• Wireless– This determines the ability of your mouse to connect to your computer wirelessly or not. (it does connect wirelessly there is likely to be an internal chargeable battery and the mouse may overtime require to have its batteries changed.
• RBG Lighting– This explains if the mouse has lighting covering the red/blue/green color spectrum. As observed in many mice devices, the internal RGB lighting in the design allows you to customize the lights to your personal choice and the brightness levels via the software.
What makes a Gaming Mouse stand out?
Let’s have a look at its features:
Dots per inch– Lies in relation to your mouse’s sensitivity; how much you move is detected by it and matches the cursor accordingly. Higher DPI enables shifting of the mouse with less movement of the hand whereas Low DPI settings are usually good for fine control, close up shooting or working at super-fine pixel-level if photo editing suites are involved. However, DPIs differ for different gamers whose choices aren’t alike and also most games enable different DPIs to add to that. Thus, for this very reason, the benefit of having a gaming mouse comes with the ability to customise how sensitive is by changing its DPI normally via its own software or sometimes, via a button on the mouse—to enable the user to find sensitivity suiting best how they play a particular type of game of interest.
Macro keys – These extra keys of the mouse enable the gamer to perform various functions say reload a gun for example or program certain commands that allow certain gaming features like firing from a pistol appear to be as if one were using an automatic gun if the key were repeatedly clicked. They effectively serve to replaces a series of complex keystrokes thereby allowing easy gaming.
Gaming engines – As observed, most gaming mice come with gaming engines installed on PC and the mouse is synced with it through any medium wire or wireless enabling you to customise the mouse suitable for in-game experience, DPI and much more.
Grip – Has benefits when gaming thus improving the experience and also, importantly, the mouse is designed to allow the user to have a smooth grip and thereby providing great comfort for the hand; prevents tiring during gaming sessions that last long, especially competitive matches.
Multi-key toggle– Helps mouse in sending multiple computer commands if multiple keys are pressed at once and this enables faster, quicker and most definitely multiple actions during gaming sessions.
Acceleration- Gaming mice are better on acceleration and the mouse’s ability to move more quickly depends on how swiftly you move it.
Other features of the gaming mouse include: Wired/wireless, lighting, polling rate, fast response click buttons, sensors, design and comfort, adjustable weight all are amongst the many reasons why if you are a fan of games, you should consider getting yourself a gaming mouse. Everything mentioned in this post should be enough to help you get the best gaming mouse for left handers.
Unbiased Product Reviews, Buyer’s Guides and Editor’s Picks