Best Electric Breast Pump Reviews 2018-Buyer’s Guide
What is Breast Pump?
Let this post alleviate your concerns on what breast pumps are and how to choose the Best Electric Breast Pump. Breast pumps are user-friendly mommy gadgets used to directly collect milk, generally called expressing, from the mother’s breasts. Breast pumps are considered medical devices, therefore, they are regulated by the FDA. There are three types of pumps: manual, battery operated and electric breast pumps. They are used by breastfeeding mothers to maintain or improve their milk supply, feed multiple babies, relieve clogged milk ducts and engorged breasts, as well as pull out flat or inverted nipples to make it easier for a nursing baby to latch to his mother’s breast.
What is it used for?
Aside from expressing breast milk for storage, below are some of the uses an Electric Breast Pump can be used for:
- Stimulate milk production for mothers who can’t produce enough milk.
- Relieve the pressure on the breasts created by overly produced milk
- Prevent sore nipples due to frequent or harsh sucking by some babies.
- Ensure that there is milk available if the baby is having difficulty in latching to the mother’s breasts.
How to choose?
When it comes to breast pumps, according to our understanding breast pumps are not just tools to do something. They are there to:
- help you be comfortable in expressing milk for your baby,
- maximize time through fast and easy operation, and
- give you mobility by letting you express milk anytime and anywhere.
What kind of Breast Pump is better?
Here is a quick guide on choosing the breast pump that could get you more for your money.
Basically, breast pumps appear in two types:
- Manual breast pumps cheaper, operated by hand and can be tiring and time-consuming.
- Electric (battery & charger) cost more than the manual ones but more comfortable and faster in expressing milk. When it comes to choosing the Best Electric Breast Pump, we recommend the electric (battery & charger) types. They are easier to operate, and their designs stimulate faster, better amounts, and yet comfortable release of breast milk.
- Pumps can also come as either Single or Double. The Double Breast Pump can simultaneously express milk at the same time. For the Best Electric Breast Pump, we suggest opting for Double as it is more practical and cost efficient to combo with your electric breast pump.
How to use?
We will distinguish the Manual Breast Pump from Electric through ease of use.
- Place the flange over the breast ensuring that the nipple is at the tube entrance.
- Depending on the style of the Manual Breast Pump purchased, you have to both push and pull on a pump, or squeeze a lever, or squeeze a horn.
- Continue until the milk starts to flow from the nipple.
- Stop just before the milk collection bottle is full. Store milk in the freezer if it’s for later use.
- Clean the breast pump.
- Place the flange over the breast ensuring that the nipple is at the tube entrance.
- Consult the manual regarding settings. The machine will do all the work.
- Stop just before the milk collection bottle is full. Store milk in the freezer if it’s for later use.
- Clean the breast pump.
Best Electric Breast Pumps 2018
|Product Name||Weight||Check Price|
|Ameda Elite Electric Breast Pump with 9ft Cord||6 pounds|
|Philips AVENT Double Electric Comfort Breast Pump||2 pounds|
|Medela Symphony Breast Pump||6.72 pounds|
|Lansinoh Smartpump Double Electric Breast Pump||4.4 pounds|
|Medela Style Advanced Double Electric Breast Pump ||8.57 pounds|
|Ameda Purely Yours Double Electric Breast Pump||5.9 pounds|
Baby Feeding Tips — Pros and Cons of Manual Breast Pumps
Babies, especially newborn ones, need a constant supply of breast milk from the mother. Unfortunately, many mothers cannot all the time feed their babies straight from their breasts. This is mostly due to reasons like work, some unexpected errands, or even because of the lack of rest of the mother. The solution to this problem is the use of breast pumps.
A breast pump is a device used by lactating mothers to collect and store milk from the breasts when the baby is not breastfeeding. This device simulates a baby’s sucking so the milk from the breasts will flow straight to a container, ready for storage.
Breast pumps give parents the peace of mind that their babies will be fed even when they are not around. With the use of this device, a mother may store breast milk in baby bottles for future and emergency use. Even without the mother, a nanny, or other people whom the baby is entrusted to, may feed the baby with milk without compromising its quality because the milk is expressed directly from the mother’s breasts.
The baby will be fed with the same milk he will be getting when he is feeding directly from the breast or when he is sucking from the bottle of pump-expressed milk. This method will also give the father time to bond with his baby because he himself can feed the baby using the collected milk from the mother. Also, use of breast pumps stimulates the mother’s mammary gland, encouraging it for better production and secretion of milk. Nevertheless, with all those notes stated above its very important to have the best electric breast pump.
There are two basic types of breast pumps that mothers use — the Manual Breast Pumps and the Electric Breast Pumps.
Most mothers prefer to use the Manual Breast Pumps because, for starters, they are simpler and more compact compared to the electric ones. This pump is best for always-on-the-go mothers since it is very lightweight and can fit even in a small bag or purse. They are also significantly cheaper than electric breast pumps, and will not cost anything to run when bought.
Electric pumps use electricity or battery, which costs some money, to function. Manual Breastpumps, also, in general, gives the mother a more natural feeling while collecting milk. This is because the mother herself can control the suction pressure over her breast, using the hand-held pump, unlike in electric pumps where a default suction rate and pressure is set. Hand pumps are also quieter than an electric breast pump, which makes noise because of its complex machinery and electronic materials. This noise is of course not very pleasing especially when a baby is around. Lastly, because of its few components, manual breast pumps are easier to wash and sterilize than electric pumps, which have materials that may be damaged by water and heat.
However, even if the manual breast pumps have many advantages over electric breast pumps, the latter also have its edge over the former.
Manual Breastpumps, to some mothers, can be an inconvenience because of the effort put when used. This is especially true for mothers that always express their milk. Continuous and repetitive pumping to express the milk can be too tiring for the hands. Not to mention that regular pumping pattern is hard to achieve in this device. Manual Breastpumps, also, because of its manual nature, can be quite slower in sucking milk from the breast of the mother compared with electric breast pumps.
So, in summary, Manual Breastpumps, based on the pros and cons of its use, still is more advantageous over electric breast pumps. The pros about the manual pumps still greatly outweigh the cons of it.
How to maintain and clean?
FDA suggest that the parts that make contact with the milk must be properly cleaned to ensure the baby’s and the mother’s health. Here are some standard tips on breast pump maintenance and cleaning.
- Do clean all parts that make contact with the milk.
- Do clean by washing with soap and water just as you would any baby bottle or item that the baby puts in the mouth such as silicone nipples and pacifiers.
- Do steam after washing it by using proper microwave steamers or other suitable steamers to make it sterile.
- Do keep it in a cool dry place.
- Do monitor small parts in the pump and tubing that might get disconnected, and might get in the milk.
Do not wash the motorized parts of the Electric Breast Pump.
Top 6 Best Electric Breast Pumps
If you are currently renting a breast pump or planning to buy one, it is always best to know more about and be sure with the product you are using or planning to purchase. Let this Best Breast Pump Reviews guide you.
Known among hospital-grade breast pumps for its performance and durability, the Ameda Elite Electric Breast Pump boasts its special feature that allows mothers to choose the vacuum and piston cycle levels according to their needs. This breast pump is also compatible with other Ameda bottles and accessories. Compact and lighter compared with other hospital-grade pumps, the Ameda Elite Electric Breast Pump delivers both function and toughness that could last for a long time.
Mothers can now decide what vacuum and piston level that suits them best.
Airtight Barrier System
No need to worry about air coming into your milk or particles getting mixed with it, this medical-grade pump has an airlock feature to help keep your liquid gold fresh and untouched.
Built-in double holders of the Ameda Elite Electric Breast Pump help you grasp the milk bottles to avoid spill and waste. It fits most standard-sized bottles.
Single or Double Pumping Options
The Ameda Elite Electric Breast Pump gives you the option to pump one or both breasts at the same time.
Designed for long-term everyday use and for multiple users, this hospital-grade pump has a high-class feature that prevents bacteria from spreading from one user to another.
All parts of the Ameda Elite Electric Breast Pump is proven BPA-free. No need to worry about dangerous chemicals from plastics getting in touch with your milk.
Here are the specifications of the Ameda Elite Electric Breast Pump:
- The Ameda Elite Electric Breast Pump weighs around 6.5 lbs.
- Vacuum: 30-250 mmHg
- Product Dimensions are: 16 x 16 x 13.2 inches
- Includes instructions manual.
- It is packaged with a 9-ft cord and Charger.
- Also, comes with a Car Power Adapter (12 V).
- Ameda Elite Electric Breast Pump can remove a lot of milk in no time.
- It is also praised for less pumping noise for a discreet pumping experience.
- Compared with other hospital-grade pumps, the Ameda Elite costs less but executes high-quality performance.
- The Ameda Elite Electric Breast Pump works in a long time.
- Compared to personal-grade pumps, the Ameda Elite Electric Breast Pump is a little too heavy for traveling.
- If you are buying it for personal use, you would need to purchase your own collection kit.
Overall, the Ameda Elite Electric Breast Pump product is very efficient in collecting milk and establishing milk supply, probably the reason why a lot of hospitals and medical establishments use this to help mothers enrich their milk. Mothers will love also the Ameda Elite Electric Breast Pump for its longevity while giving consistent results.
Editor’s Rating: (3.8 / 5)
We would like to introduce to you the Ameda Elite SCF334/04 BPA-Free Comfort Double Electric Breast Pump. Let your child continue to enjoy the benefits of breastfeeding even when you’re away. This breast pump allows you to experience comfort and ease while expressing more milk in less time. With a few touch on the buttons, it lets you manage your own speed and suction settings. Light and compact, this breast pump is easy to carry for work or travel.
Single or Double Pumping options
The Philips Avent SCF334/04 BPA Free Comfort Double Electric Breast Pump allows you to empty both breasts at the same time.
Angled Neck Design for relaxed pumping
The pump’s angled neck design feature allows you to pump milk without having to lean forward to trigger milk flow. You can now sit back comfortably while pumping.
The Philips Avent SCF334/04 BPA Free Comfort Double Electric Breast Pump has flanges with massage cushions that help painlessly trigger milk flow.
Easy to use and assemble
With just a few parts to put together, this breast pump is easy to use as well even without looking at the manual.
Three Expression Settings
Mothers have the option to choose which speed and suction levels fit their needs best.
- Motor unit weighs about 4.2 lbs.
- This breast pump has the dimensions: 17.1 x 10.4 x 6.1 inches.
- Comes with two 4-oz Natural bottles and nipples, and two sealing lids.
- Includes two standard-sized cushions, two-day breast pads, two-night breast pads and one travel tote.
- All parts are BPA Free.
- Airtight feature to ensure no particles gets into the milk and no milk gets into the tubing.
- Additional freebies are included: Travel pouch, 20 day and 20-night breast pads and a bra clip to help you remember which breast baby fed last or pumped.
- Mothers who used the Philips Avent SCF334/04 BPA Free Comfort Double Electric Breast Pump find it very comfortable to use because of the cushions.
- Philips Avent SCF334/04 BPA Free Comfort Double Electric Breast Pump is also loved for its compactness and sleek style.
- Fewer parts guarantee no milk wastage since milk goes directly into the bottle and not anywhere else.
The natural-shaped bottles ensure an easy breast-to-bottle transition for baby.
- Buttons and settings are easy to use and understand.
- It has no battery compartment. Mothers would need to charge it to make sure it won’t stop or hang while they’re pumping.
- Charger does not fit into the car lighter.
- No timer or screen to indicate levels you are currently using or how long you’ve been pumping.
- It does not come with cooling elements and cooler; you would have to purchase it separately.
Overall, mothers will totally love the Philips Avent SCF334/04 BPA-Free Comfort Double Electric Breast Pump for the easy, relaxed and comfortable pumping experience it brings. The massage cushions are very effective in stimulating milk letdown.
Editor’s Rating: (4 / 5)
For the third item on our list, we introduce the Medela Symphony Breast Pump. Medela is proud to bring to you their latest invention in hospital-grade double pumps. It carries Medela’s signature 2-phase Expression technology that less motherer’s pumping time, establish milk supply and suction as much milk.
A trademark of Medela’s line of electric breast pumps, the Medela Symphony Breast Pump imitates the baby’s sucking pattern starting off with a fast-paced suction to stimulate letdown and milk flow.
Single and Double Pumping Options
Mothers have options whether they want to pump one or both breasts. Although it is strongly suggested to empty both breasts at the same time to help trigger the brain to produce more milk.
Mothers can now pump and do other things with their hands at the same time with Ameda Elite Symphony’s hands-free option. A breast band can be bought separately. Just wear it over the breasts, put on the flanges and you’re ready to go.
Easy to operate speed and suction buttons
With just a few presses on the buttons, mothers can control and choose which best speed and suction level works for them
Widely used in hospitals and other medical establishments, each Medela Symphony Breast Pump unit is intended for the long-term use of multiple moms.
Two power source choices
The Medela Symphony Breast Pump can be operated with its rechargeable battery or through a vehicle charger.
Screen for easy monitoring
The product comes with a built-in LCD screen that enables you to check your speed, suction levels and time with the Medela Symphony Breast Pump’s screen monitor.
- The motor unit weighs around 7 pounds.
- It has dimensions: 13 x 8 x 10 inches.
- All parts are BPA-free
- Comes with a charger unit and instructions manual.
- Best Breast Pump Reviews learned that mothers who bought or rented the Medela Symphony Breast Pump find it very effective in helping them establish their milk supply.
- The Medela Symphony Breast Pump was also praised for its consistent strong suction amidst long-term and daily use.
- Mothers who used the Medela Symphony Breast Pump were happy to say that this breast pump helped them double their milk supply with regular pumping.
- The Medela Symphony Breast Pump, compared to other hospital-grade pumps, emits less or no noise at all.
- Flanges are changeable in case you need to replace or change sizes.
- As compared with other hospital-grade breast pumps, the Medela Symphony Breast Pump is too expensive for personal use.
- The Medela Symphony Breast Pump is also a bit heavy so you can’t actually carry it around and on travel.
- Too expensive
The Medela Symphony Breast Pump product is really effective in expressing milk. However, their only concern is the price of the product. Since the Medela Symphony is a too expensive, most mothers usually rent this unit instead of purchasing them.
Editor’s Rating: (4.3 / 5)
Breast pumps originally started with an open system where the milk collection system is directly connected to the tube and the pump. This creates a hassle with the back flow which, if unmanaged by the user can expose the milk to contaminants. Using a closed system where a diaphragm prevents the back flow also interferes in the milk flow stimulation. Lansinoh Double Electric Breast Pump carefully researched technology to solve this dilemma.
ComfortFit™ Breast Flanges
Best Breast Pump Reviews ask how can ComfortFit™ Breast Flanges stimulate milk flow. Lansinoh Double Electric Breast Pump doesn’t force the milk out, Lansinoh’s design ensures a right and comfortable fit over the area of the breast to make it relax and easily release milk.
Custom Expression™ Technology
This new Technology separates options for suction and cycle settings. This allows the mom to combine the most suitable settings for easier milk release and a stable milk flow.
One-touch let-down button
This unique trademark technology is an easy access One-touch let-down button. It lets the mom automate the release of the milk. It lets the mom rest or attends to nursing the baby while the milk steadily flows out into the built-in collection bottle.
Bacteria contamination is a concern of Best Breast Pump Reviews. This can still happen as the milk is transferred from collection to storage container. With Lansinoh’s built-in bottle, you can collect, seal, then store the milk directly in the freezer. The milk stays fresher and sterile from harmful bacteria in the air.
Here’s is Lansinoh Double Electric Breast Pump Specifications:
- Electric and can either use AC adapter or 6 AAA batteries.
- Double pump
- Weighs only 2 pounds
- BPA free
- Has built-in bottle
- Uses closed system
- Unique ComfortFit™ Breast Flanges and Custom Expression™ Technology
- Simple to assemble, fewer parts to figure out.
- The product includes two 5 oz. bottles with two matching bottle lids, two extra valves (white), and a Velcro strap for managing the tubing.
- The closed system prevents back flow and adds to easy clean-up.
- Lansinoh ComfortFit™ Breast Flanges and Lansinoh Custom Expression™ Technology work together to maintain a good amount of milk flow at the right time. No delays, no wasted time.
- It’s Built-in bottle can also be used for milk storage later. This adds to the hygienic capability of the product. No need for transferring milk from collection to storage means a lessened risk of contaminants.
- LCD screen for settings is easy to read.
- 2 pounds combined with the options for either adapter or batteries give you mobility.
- Doesn’t come with its own carry bag.
- The motor can burn out fast even if it’s been used minimally.
We believe mothers will love its hygienic function since it can be easily cleaned. The device can also help mothers with their sore nipples, aside from fast stimulation of enough milk that their babies require. The battery and power outlet option is useful for traveling.
Editor’s Rating: (4 / 5)
Breastfeeding used to be the standard between mother and child. We know that today, breast milk is still best for babies’ and toddlers’ nutrition and development. But moms also have to go to work. Or run errands at home. Sometimes, mom and dad also need to go out for a romantic dinner. Or the family has to go out on a picnic. The Medela Advanced Personal Double Breast Pump solves all these problems in a stylish and convenient package
2-Phase Expression® Technology
It’s important to note the smart use by Medela of the two phases on how breast milk is sucked by babies. In the first phase, the baby sucks fast but lightly teasing out the milk from the nipple. In the second phase, the baby sucks slowly but deep making the flow continuous. The Medela 2-Phase Expression® Technology simulates the same w phase process, making it seem as if the mom actually is breastfeeding her baby as the milk is expressed by the machine.
New Bag Style with Specially Designed Storage
Medela Advanced Personal Double Breastpump gets a unique It is a stylish and yet practical concern for modern moms on the go. The bag looks like a simple tote bag. It’s space to accommodate a Removable Cooler Bag which also contains a specially Contoured Ice Pack.
Removable Cooler Bag
We love the fact that the Medela Advanced Personal Double Breastpump includes a cooler bag which keeps the expressed milk fresh as mom travels with her baby. The cooler bag is also PVC free ensuring added safety for the baby’s wellbeing.
Battery pack and Optional 9V Vehicle Lighter Adapter
This breast pump is totally portable. Aside from the outlet adapter, the device comes with a battery pack. And for eventual power issues, while traveling, moms can avail an optional 9V Vehicle Lighter Adapter as needed.
- Double breast pump.
- Comes with power outlet adapter and battery pack.
- Can be fitted with optional 9V vehicle lighter adapter.
- Has its own stylish On the Go Tote bag.
- The bag comes with a removable PVC-free cooler bag with contoured ice pack.
- 2-Phase Expression® Technology.
- Express milk while on-the-go, whether at work, in the car, or at outdoor leisure activities.
- Bring your baby along with the stored milk with you. The cooler bag assures the milk remains at the right cool temperature for 12 hours.
- Simulate the feeling of comfortable breastfeeding as you express the milk through the machine using Medela’s 2-Phase Expression® Technology.
- Power can get reduced when both pumps are used.
- Some minor errors in the manual.
Medela Advanced Personal Double Breastpump has at cooler and ice pack which keeps the milk as if it has been stored in the home freezer. The breast pump pulls milk at a fast speed; such that its able to produces 8 ounces in just 3 minutes. The product is better in stimulating milk production than another other breast pumps on the market.
Editor’s Rating: (4.4 / 5)
Allow us to introduce to you the Ameda Purely Yours Breast Pump Carry All. This easy-to-use and a high-speed breast pump is perfect for all working moms and moms on-the-go who wish to continue nourishing their child with breastmilk even when they are away. It is also very convenient and lightweight perfect for every day use.
Dual suction and speed
With a total of 32 speed and suction combinations to choose from, mothers can now choose the best combo that suits their comfort and needs.
Best Breast Pump Reviews is proud to say that this high-quality breast pump has an airlock protection feature that stops the air from coming into your milk. Your breastmilk can now retain it’s quality while you pump.
Custom Fit Flanges
A pair of standard sized flanges is included in the Ameda Purely Yours Breast Pump Carry All. However, if you find the size too bit small or large for you, there are six other sizes are available and can be bought separately.
Different Power Sources
You can definitely use this breast pump whether you’re in the office, car or park. With three different power sources to choose from AC Adapter, 6 AA Batteries, and a car charger, you will never have to worry about pumping wherever you may be. Batteries and car chargers can be bought separately.
Light and Compact
According to research done by Best Breast Pump Reviews, the motor unit of the Ameda Purely Yours Breast Pump Carry All weighs approximately one pound. Light enough to carry every day, everywhere with its own Ameda Purely Yours shoulder tote.
- The dimensions of this product is 16 x 16 x 8 (L x W x H)
- Battery life can last up to 90 hours.
- included in the package is 120 volt AC Adapter
- Includes 1 Ameda patented milk collection system for an airtight and hygienic pumping experience.
- When pumping remotely, you may use 6 AA batteries that could last you one day.
- Cooling elements with own tote to guarantee the freshness of pumped milk.
- Comes with six 4 oz/120 ml bottles with two lids
- An instructions manual
- According to customers who purchased this product raved about how the airlock barrier of this breast pump compared with others, can keep milk from getting into the tubing.
- Milk goes thru a valve and straight into the bottle, you don’t have to worry about other elements getting mixed into your milk.
- It uses standard size bottles so apart from the storage system from Ameda, you can use your own preferred bottles.
- Assembling the pump is just quick and easy and the speed and suction settings are easy to operate.
- Compared to other dual electric pumps, the Ameda Purely Yours Breast Pump Carry All costs less. Just right for mothers who have no hefty budget but still want a heavy duty pump.
- Very affordable.
- According to some mothers who bought the Ameda Purely Yours Breast Pump Carry All, the horns have a tendency to break easily after few usages as well the insides of the motor unit itself.
- Motor unit produces loud noise you might need to go to another room when you pump so you won’t disturb your sleeping baby.
- Best Breast Pump Reviews learned that mothers who used this were disappointed with how weak the suction is compared with other pumps.
Overall, we can say that most mothers will be impressed with the Ameda Purely Yours Breast Pump Carry because of it’s airlock barrier feature since it keeps the milk free from air and other particles. Also, the price of this product is low and it is reliable breast pump. However, if you plan to pump for a longer time, we strongly recommend that you look for a pump with sturdier parts and strong suction.
Editor’s Rating: (3.9 / 5)
Things to Consider when Buying a Breast Pump
If you are a breastfeeding mom, buying a breast pump is of utmost importance. A breast pump will help you extract milk from your breasts to enable you to feed your baby even while you are away from home. There is a wide array of breast pumps available on the market. However, a lot of mothers actually do not know how to buy a specific type of breast pump that suits their needs. With the hundreds of different available models, buying a breast pump can be a very difficult and confusing decision. You can go to local stores and supermarkets to look for a specific type of breast pump, but if you do not know what you need to look for, you will definitely have a hard time buying the best one in the market. If you truly want to get the best value for your money, it is very important to do a little bit of research and learn about the different things to consider when buying a breast pump. So what are the factors that you need to check when buying a specific type of pump? Is it really important to know about these different factors when purchasing one? To help you narrow down your search for the best breast pump in the market, here are some of the things to consider when buying a breast pump.
One of the most important things to consider when buying a breast pump is the action or mechanism of the pump. If you have a lot of difficulties producing milk, then it is very important to choose a type of breast pump that actually mimics the sucking mechanism of a baby in order to stimulate the production and extraction of milk. There are several brands of breast pumps on the market that use a two-way phase extraction that actually simulates the normal nursing pattern of a baby. This is a very effective way to stimulate the production of milk, and also helps you extract more milk in the process. There are different types of breast pumps available on the market, such as hospital grade pumps, which mimics a new born’s sucking mechanism. You should definitely choose a specific type of breast pump that suits and fits your lifestyle.
Another factor that you need to consider when buying a specific type of breast pump is the size of the pump. Companies and manufacturers create different types of breast pumps that come in a variety of sizes. The size actually differs with the flange, tunnels, and accessories and inserts that you need to use with the pump or machine. Getting the right size of attachments is very important to make sure that the product actually fits your breasts well, to properly pump and extract milk. You need to be very choosy when it comes to the size so that your nipple actually has a good fit, especially with the breast shields and flanges used. For example, if the flange that you buy is too small, then your nipple will not be able to move properly within the flange, and it will just rub against the sides. However, if the flange that you use is a little bit too large, then the nipple will not have a stable and fixed position to properly extract milk. You should make sure that the flange that you use has the right size in order to produce the best pumping and milk extraction results.
The price of a breast pump unit is also very important because you need to determine your budget and financial capabilities when looking for a specific type of model. Make sure that you come up with a budget that fits your financial capabilities, but one that is enough to actually buy a breast pump with great quality. You should have a budget that can actually buy a model that meets your needs and requirements. The most basic types of breast pumps can cost from 50 dollars to 70 dollars, while the high-end ones can cost up to a few thousand dollars. However, a cheap breast pump does not necessarily mean that it has a low quality. Cheaper models may have very simple features and come with simple attachments and accessories. It also does not mean that breast pumps with very high prices have great quality and durability. Expensive breast pumps may come with a variety of features that can help a mother increase her overall milk production. If you do not have problems with producing and extracting milk, you may actually go for a very simple model that is able to pump enough milk. And if you do not actually need to use a breast pump every day, you can go for a cheaper type of model from a trusted manufacturer. The price should not be the sole consideration when buying a breast pump because you would also need to consider a number of requirements to meet your needs.
The efficiency of the breast pump should also be considered because it impacts the amount time that you need to use the breast pump in order to extract milk. Some types of breast pumps may take more time to pump, while others may have an efficient milk extraction mechanism, which allows you to complete the entire process in a matter of minutes. The amount of time needed to complete the milk extraction process is very important, especially for working mothers who do not have a lot of time to spare. Try to check a few reviews online to see the actual performance of a specific type of breast pump. Most reviews actually feature the effectiveness and efficiency of a particular type of model, especially the number of minutes that it usually takes you to finish the milk extraction process. When buying a breast pump, you may want to consider buying an electronically powered breast pump that is able to extract milk in a few minutes. You can also choose to buy a double or double-alternating pump that decreases the total amount of pumping time because both breasts can be emptied within the same period of time.
Ease to use
Another very important factor that every mother should consider when buying a breast pump is the convenience or ease of use. What are the steps that you need to do to actually get your milk flowing? Is the pump very easy to set up and assemble? Can you start pumping immediately after turning the unit on? Does it involve a lot of complicated steps before you can actually see some results? It is also essential to examine whether the pump is easy to maintain and clean so that you will be able to use the pump for several years. Check the instruction manual of a breast pump. Are the instructions easy to understand and follow? Is the entire unit easy to take apart and reassemble? These are just some of the most common questions that you need to take note of, in order to buy a breast pump that is very convenient to use.
You should also take note of the portability and flexibility of a breast pump, especially if you need to carry it with you when you go outside your home. If you need to use it while traveling, check if the breast pump is small enough to fit inside your bag. Some breast pumps have a sleek, lightweight and compact design that is tailor-made for those who need to bring their breast pumps to different locations. Where will you be using your breast pump? Do you need to use it in your office, or do you just need to use it at home? Is the breast pump unit easy to store? These are just some of the common questions that you need to ask yourself to determine the style and portability of a specific type of model.
These are just some of the most common factors that you need to consider if you truly want to buy the breast pump that suits your needs. If you are quite hesitant with buying a specific type of model right away, you can actually try to rent one and see the best type of pump that suits you. There are several hospitals and medical supply stores that allow mothers to rent and borrow hospital grade pumps at very affordable prices. If you do plan to rent one for a few months, consult your doctor or lactation consultant on the trusted companies within your area. You should make sure that the company is reputable and provides high quality and safe breast pumps that can be used by multiple users.
When purchasing the best electric breast pump, you need to be careful in choosing the merchant or seller that you do business with. You can go to a local medical supplies store and check the available models to see if they have an excellent condition. If you want to buy one from an online seller, check the user reviews and ratings of a specific merchant to make sure that it only sells high-quality products that can last for a long period of time.